Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Matilda's Mystical Creatures Party - The Fairy Wands

Dannyel (Matilda's mummy) wanted a craft project for the kids to do at Matilda's birthday and keeping with the theme she wanted them to decorate fairy wands.

Now being that all the kids coming to the party were under the age of 4, I was a bit dubious.
Concerned with the craft items ending up in their mouths I thought the best way to combat it was to make the craft items edible. So I made fairy wand cookies and the kids could decorate them with icing tubes and sprinkles.

Using my favourite universal cookie recipe (See below). I cut out star shapes and inserted icypole sticks into the cookie before baking them off.



The kids had a ball and although they spent a lot of the time licking the icing off and then reapplying, what's a kid's party without a bit of a sugar high?










Universal Cookie Recipe
1 cup Margarine
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 cups of plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Cream together marg, sugar and eggs.
Stir in vanilla, sifted flour, baking soda and salt.
Roll to desired thickness, Cut, Bake at 190C

I have frozen this mixture to use later.
I have dipped them in a glace
Coated them in chocolate.
Mixed coconut in them
Frosted them with lemon icing
There is no limited as to what you can do with this recipe.

No comments: